Saturday October 2nd. Hearts of Darkness at the Riot Room

Jessica, from Arizona Trading Company. Head-to-toe vintage. Spotted in the ladies room powdering her nose (seriously). Easily the best outfit of the night, and in the running for the best outfit in October.
Please note the multi-holiday pants. As she told me, they are for the stylish girl on a budget; appropriate from the 4th July to the snowy months of December!

 I have never seen a print like this. I love the color of the fireworks with her rose tattoos (which I didn't even notice until I was reviewing the pictures). From afar she really gave the impression of Joan from Mad Men, out-on-the-town. The details, like the tats and the ear gauges definitely add a kind of subversive twist on the 50's inspired outfit. It is rare I see someone with such an edgy inclination also have an appreciation for cocktail rings and lady-like handbags!
The icing on this cake is the way she tied her scarf! The blouse has vertical stripes of a very open eyelet, and the sweet scarf completely negated the fact that one could see right through her top. The scarf-cardi combo was the huge leap from scandalous (which I love) to sexy (which is hard to achieve now-a-days).

Comments